The veins of the rich Chitale legacy trace back to the 1939
When the visionary Late Shri. Bhaskar Ganesh Chitale started a humble milk distribution business at Bhilawadi in Sangli district. This marked the beginning of the first ever entrepreneurial dairy revolution in India. This worthy lineage was ably carried forward by his sons Bhausaheb, Rajabhau, Nanasaheb and Kakasaheb Chitale, who got affiliated with the business on completion of their education. The beginning of the 1950s was also marked by yet another significant milestone: the establishment of Chitale Bandhu Mithaiwale by Raghunath Chitale, affectionately known as Bhausaheb. In his younger brother Rajabhau (the Late Narsinha Chitale), he found an able ally to take the brand from the nascent stages to greater glory. In the meanwhile, Nanasaheb and Kakasaheb, the second generation Chitale stalwarts, played the role of formidable anchors by deciding to settle in Bhilawadi to look after the dairy business. The responsibility of the fledging milk retailing network in Pune was shouldered by Bhausaheb and Rajabhau. This phase overlapped with the steady growth of the confectionary wing, marked by the establishment of manufacturing and retail outlets for mithai and snacks as well.